Joe Fittante advises franchisors, both mature and emerging, on a variety of topics including structuring the relationship, registration and disclosure, supply chain, brand integrity, transfer and other system critical issues. He counts as his clients some of the most well-known brands in franchising. He routinely represents franchisors who are buying or selling franchise systems as special franchise counsel to advise on the health of the system and various other franchise issues. Joe is a past chair of the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising and frequent author and lecturer on issues important to the franchise industry.
- Minnesota, 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1996 J.D.
- Editor, William Mitchell Law Review, 1995-1996
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI, 1993 B.A.
- Legal Eagle, Top Franchise Lawyers in the U.S. and Canada, Franchise Times, 2008-Present
- Legal Eagle, Top Franchise Lawyers in the U.S. and Canada, Franchise Lawyer Hall of Fame, Franchise Times, 2017
- Leader in Franchise Law - Chambers USA, 2009-Present
- Best Lawyers in America®, Franchise Law, 2008-Present
- Best Lawyers in America®, Minneapolis Franchise Law “Lawyer of the Year” for 2016
- Super Lawyer®, Super Lawyers magazine, 2004-Present
- Super Lawyer®, Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition, Franchise & Distribution, 2008-2010
- Rising Star®, Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2004
- The International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016-Present
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, 2010-Present
- Named one of the Top 3% of Attorneys in the U.S. in 2009 by The Legal News
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association - Forum on Franchising
- American Bar Association - Forum on Franchising Governing Committee, 2007-present
- American Bar Association - Chair, Forum on Franchising, 2011-2013
- American Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division Liaison to Forum on Franchising Governing Committee, 2003-2005
- American Bar Association - Co-Program Chair Annual Forum on Franchising, 2008
- Shakopee Girls Softball Association - Treasurer