Joseph J. Fittante is a shareholder and member of Larkin Hoffman’s Corporate Law Department. He works in the franchise and distribution area advising franchisors on various topics, including structuring the franchise relationship and registration and disclosure issues. Joe also advises manufacturers on creating distribution networks that do not fall within the purview of state franchise or business opportunity laws and counsels his clients on the management of these networks. He routinely represents privately held companies who are buying or selling businesses.
- Minnesota, 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1996 J.D.
- Editor, William Mitchell Law Review, 1995-1996
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI, 1993 B.A.
- Legal Eagle, Top Franchise Lawyers in the U.S. and Canada,Franchise Times, 2010, 2011, 2014
- Leader in Franchise Law - Chambers USA, 2009-Present
- Best Lawyers in America®, Franchise Law, 2008-Present
- Best Lawyers in America®, Minneapolis Franchise Law “Lawyer of the Year” for 2016
- Super Lawyer®, Super Lawyers magazine, 2004-Present
- Super Lawyer®, Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition, Franchise & Distribution, 2008-2010
- Rising Star®, Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2004
- The International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, 2010 - Present
- Named one of the Top 3% of Attorneys in the U.S. in 2009 by The Legal News
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association - Forum on Franchising
- American Bar Association - Forum on Franchising Governing Committee, 2007-present
- American Bar Association - Chair, Forum on Franchising, 2011-2013
- American Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division Liaison to Forum on Franchising Governing Committee, 2003-2005
- American Bar Association - Co-Program Chair Annual Forum on Franchising, 2008
- Shakopee Girls Softball Association - Treasurer